Take yourself, your partner and your friends for a 10 night, 9 riding day Tasmanian motorcycle adventure.
Experience Tasmania’s wilderness and its unique beauty. You’ll be impressed by the simple lifestyle and friendliness of the locals.
We know just where to find those special roads you have heard others raving about.
We supply the bikes, the bookings and our passion for Tasmania reflected in the suggested itinerary.
We supply quality BMW or similar fully equipped multipurpose motorcycles and at the end of the day’s ride, quality accommodation.
Some of our venues supply a hearty breakfast, others have cafe nearby.
Your lunch venue may be a traditional Aussie pub or a quality 4 star restaurant, your choice. We will supply recommendations, for some places we know.
All our accommodation venues are clean and friendly min 3.5 star, they are all places we would stay ourselves.
This is our Suggested Itinerary for your Self Guided tour…You can change it up down, in or out, it’s up to you.
NOTE: Accommodation can be hard to find mid December to mid January, please book early for these dates to avoid disappointment.
|1||Hobart||Arrive, settle in to your accommodation and have a look around Hobart, pick up bike around 4pm.||0|
|2||Port Arthur||Ride south first, D’Entrecasteaux discovery -Tinderbox- Woodbridge – Huonville – Mount Wellington, back through Hobart to Port Arthur on the Tasman Peninsular.||250|
|3||Bicheno||Explore Port Arthur in the morning, then ride to Coles Bay via the glorious East Coast Highway. Explore Wineglass Bay, then overnight in the beautiful seaside town of Bicheno.||225|
|4||Launceston||Ride North East and North – Elephant Pass – Bay of Fires – Pyengana -Derby – Lillydale – Launceston||320|
|5||Stanley||Ride to Mole Creek via, Sheffield, Paradise, Cethana, Cradle Mountain, Forth, Wynyard, Boat Harbour, Stanley.||300|
|6||Stanley||Tarkine Loop Road, superb old growth Temperate Rainforest and the last bastion of the Tasmanian Devil.||240|
|7||Strahan||Via Hellyer Gorge – Waratah – Rosberry – Zeehan. Wonderful winding road through rugged West Coast Wilderness.||250|
|8||Strahan||Free Day River Cruise- Float plane or ABS Railway. Many ways to experience Tassie’s famous South West forests..||270|
|9||Maydena||Ride to Maydena, Via mining town of Queenstown, World Heritage areas, spectacular scenery and wonderful roads||0 or 350|
|10||Hobart||Ride to Strathgordon in Tasmania’s World Heritage Area, Huge Trees in Temperate rainforest, Wild Landscapes||300|
|When thinking about dates, remember that Hobart’s Salamanca Market is only on a Saturday so a Friday return is ideal.|
Indicative Pricing – Call Us For Confirmation –
|People||Vehicles||Rooms||Hotel, Cabin or B&B|
|1||1||1||$4150 to $3380 per person|
|2||1||1||$4400 to $3650 per couple|
|2||2||1||$3350 to $2560 per person|
Prices are quoted for 10 night 9 riding days. Packages are inclusive of the bike and GST. Prices are based on a BMW R1200GS. Smaller bikes will cost a bit less.
You might have less or more time. Just ask we can cope, we have a small extra charge for organising a non standard tour based on our standard tours.
- Quality late model motorcycle
- 3.5 to 4 Star Hotel, Pub or Bed & Breakfast accommodation starting and finishing in Hobart.
- Breakfast where available.
- Riding gear if nessesary but we strongly recomend you bring what you can.
- Maps, suggested itinerary, and day by day ride book and Preloaded GPS routes.
- Motorcycle comprehensive insurance – The insurance excess is $4500, reducible to $1500 for $100.
- MAIB Injury insurance is included in bike registration whilst you are riding one of our motorcycles.
- We recommend you have your own travel insurance to protect you in the case of injury or illness other than whilst riding.
- Pick up service in the unlikely event something goes wrong. (free pick up if the bike lets you down, your cost if you have a problem we didn’t cause, we are not responsible for tyre damage but supply a repair kit which will usually get you out of trouble.
Price subject to change without notice. Accommodation locations may vary with seasonal availability.
National Park fees, lunches, evening meals and fuel are not included in price.