The busy world we all share doesn’t always allow us the long break we would prefer.
Moto Adventure Tasmania has created this tour designed for those with only 5 days (6 nights) to experience Tassie.
Priced from $1050 pp (shared room on a big bike)
The route will help you explore the east, north east and West Coast and Western Wilderness of Tasmania.
Accommodation is all in friendly B&B’s and traditional pubs.
We supply the bikes, the bookings and our passion for Tasmania reflected in the suggested itinerary.
Ride a quality BMW or similar multipurpose motorcycles, we can supply riding gear if required.
Start each morning with a hearty breakfast. Lunch and dinner are up to you, but we will supply you with our suggestions.
Below is our Suggested Itinerary for your Self Guided tour….. Other duration’s are possible, let us know how much time you have.
NOTE: Accommodation can be hard to find mid December to mid January, please book early for these dates to avoid disappointment.
|1||Hobart||Arrive, settle in to your accommodation and have a look around Hobart, pick up bike around 4pm. If time try our warm up ride to Mt Wellington and Tinderbox.||100|
Ride the wonderful east coast highway to Coles Bay, have time to explore Wineglass Bay. Overnight in tiny holiday village of Bicheno.
Elephant Pass rainforest, St Marys Passto St Helens and Bay of Fires beautiful coastline.Travel wonderful mountain passes to Pyengana, Derby, Lillydale to overnight in Launceston.
Explore the North and West Coast of Tasmania, pass through charming Deloraine, visit Mole Creek Wildlife Refuge, Cradle Mountain (if it doesn’t snow!!) The mineral Museum at Zeehan, and overnight in luxury at Strahan.
Another big day, riding from Strahan, fantastic winding and challenging roads to Queenstown, more winding and challenging roads to Lake Sinclair at Derwent Park, then even more winding challenging roads to Hamilton, Westerway, National Park to overnight at peaceful Maydena. A full evening meal is provided at Maydena, as it is seriously in the outback.
A thrilling last ride into the wilderness. Ride to Gordon Dam, Strathgordon for lunch at the lodge, then back to Westerway, New Norfolk and return to Hobart.
When thinking about dates, remember that Hobart’s Salamanca Market is on a Saturday.
Indicative Pricing – Send Enquiry Form For Confirmation
|People||Bikes||Rooms||Pub and B&B|
|2||1||1||$2095 to $2520 per couple|
|1||1||1||$1995 to $2420 per person|
|2||2||1||$1435 to $1960 per person|
|Custom Tour||$100 extra|
Prices are quoted for 6 night 5 riding days. Packages are inclusive of the bike (assumes R1200GS: other bikes are cheaper), Insurance, riding gear and GST (Tax).
You might have less or more time. We can cope. We have a small extra charge for organising a non standard tour.
- Quality late model motorcycle either BMW 1200, Suzuki 1250, Triumph Tiger 800, Suzuki V Strom, Honda NC700 & CB400 depending upon your experience and preference.
- All motorcycles are equipped with luggage capacity.
- Pub, Hotel or Bed & Breakfast accommodation starting and finishing in Hobart.
- Breakfast at most venues.
- Full face Helmet, fabric motorcycle touring jacket, and gloves, if required. Stocks of gear are very limited, please bring whatever of your own gear you can.
- Guests are welcome to supply own helmets, but they must be approved for use in Australia.
- We supply GPS Routes, maps and a suggested day by day ride itinerary as well as brochures and a run down on the tour..
- Motorcycle comprehensive insurance is included in the price – The insurance excess is $4500 reducible to $1500 for $100 per booking.
- MAIB Injury insurance is included in bike registration whilst you are riding one of our motorcycles.
- We recommend you have your own travel insurance to protect you in the case of injury or illness or repatriation costs.
- Pick up service in the unlikely event something goes wrong. (free pick up if the bike lets you down, your cost if you have a problem we didn’t cause).
Price subject to change without notice. Accommodation locations and prices may vary with seasonal availability.
National Park fees not included in price.