The busy world we all share doesn’t always allow us the long break we would prefer.
Moto Adventure Tasmania has created this tour designed for those with only 5 days (6 nights) to experience Tassie.
Priced approximately $2750 pp (for a couple on a BMW1200) other bikes make it cheaper..
The route will help you explore the east, north east and West Coast and Western Wilderness of Tasmania.
Accommodation is all in friendly B&B’s and comfortable 3.5 to 4 star cabins.
We supply the bikes, the bookings and our passion for Tasmania reflected in the suggested itinerary.
Ride a quality BMW or similar multipurpose motorcycles.
Start most mornings with a hearty breakfast. Lunch and dinner are up to you, but we will supply you with our suggestions.
Below is our Suggested Itinerary for your Self Guided tour…Other duration’s are possible, let us know how much time you have.
NOTE: Accommodation can be hard to find mid December to mid January, please book early for these dates to avoid disappointment.
|1||Hobart||Arrive, settle in to your accommodation and have a look around Hobart, pick up bike around 4pm. If you have time try our warm up ride to Mt Wellington and Tinderbox.||100|
Ride the wonderful east coast highway to Coles Bay, have time to explore Wineglass Bay. Overnight in tiny holiday village of Bicheno. Visit the excellent Motorcycle museum in Bicheno, or organise a Penguin tour with your hosts.
Elephant Pass rainforest, St Marys Pass to St Helens and Bay of Fires beautiful coastline.Travel wonderful mountain passes to Pyengana, Derby, Lillydale to overnight in Launceston.
Explore the North and West Coast of Tasmania, pass through charming Deloraine, visit Mole Creek Wildlife Refuge, Cradle Mountain (if it doesn’t snow!!) The mineral Museum at Zeehan, and overnight in luxury at Strahan.
Another big day, riding from Strahan, fantastic winding and challenging roads to Queenstown, more winding and challenging roads through the Wilderness world heritage area to Lake Sinclair, then even more winding challenging roads to Hamilton, Westerway, National Park to overnight at peaceful Maydena. A full evening meal is provided at Maydena, as it is seriously in the outback.
A thrilling last ride into the wilderness. Ride to Gordon Dam, Strathgordon for lunch at the lodge, then back to Westerway, New Norfolk and return to Hobart.
When thinking about dates, remember that Hobart’s Salamanca Market is on a Saturday so a Friday night finish is desirable.
Indicative Pricing – Send Enquiry Form For Confirmation
|People||Bikes||Rooms||HOTEL, CABIN or B&B|
|2||1||1||$2150 to $2700 per couple|
|1||1||1||$2075 to $2450 per person|
|2||2||1||$1550 to $1960 per person|
Prices are quoted for 6 night 5 riding days. Packages are inclusive of the bike (assumes R1200GS: other bikes are cheaper), Insurance, riding gear and GST (Tax).
You might have less or more time. We can cope. We have a small extra charge for organising a non standard tour.
- Quality late model motorcycle either BMW 1200, Suzuki, Triumph Tiger 800, Suzuki V Strom 650, Honda CB500F & CB400 depending upon your experience and preference.
- All motorcycles are equipped with luggage capacity.
- 3.5 to 4 star Hotel or Bed & Breakfast accommodation starting and finishing in Hobart.
- Breakfast at some venues, evening meal at Maydena
- We recommend you bring your own riding gear..it is worth the extra luggage cost to know you are going to be comfortable.
- If you do not have appropriate gear we can most probably help you from a reasonable stock of pre-used gear.
- We supply GPS on most bikes, routes, maps and a suggested day by day ride itinerary as well as brochures and a run down on the tour..
- Motorcycle comprehensive insurance is included in the price – The insurance excess is $4500 reducible to $1500 for $100 per booking.
- MAIB Injury insurance is included in bike registration whilst you are riding one of our motorcycles.
- We recommend you have your own travel insurance to protect you in the case of injury or illness or repatriation costs.
- Pick up service in the unlikely event something goes wrong. (free pick up if the bike lets you down, your cost if you have a problem we didn’t cause).
Price subject to change without notice. Accommodation locations and prices may vary with seasonal availability.
National Park fees not included in price.