Our favourite Restaurants!
You may find others, let us know if you do and we can pass it on!
- Written on Tea, Sandy Bay – Fantastic value and best chinese this side of Shanghai.
- Mee Wa, Sandy Bay – Very expensive but great eating and fine service.
- Solo Pasta, Sandy Bay – Noisy immensely cheerful good value.
- Annapurna, North Hobart – Great food and value.
- The Crescent, North Hobart – Best pub food in town and maybe the world, friendliest service possible.
- The Republic, North Hobart – Great food, eclectic menu, good music most nights.
- Muirs Upperdeck, Constitution Dock – Famous for good seafood.
- Prossers, Lower Sandy Bay – fine seafood, not cheap.
- Hadleys Hotel – Traditional menu, very good service.
- IXL Atrium – Breakfast, good shopping nearby.
- Mussel Bouys, Tarana – Freshest possible Tassie Oysters.
- Taylors Restaurant, Stewarts Bay – Fine food, nice surroundings.
- Madge Malloy’s, Coles Bay – Fresh seafood best eating in Coles Bay.
- Tasmanian Fine Wine The Gulch, Bicheno – Freshest possible seafood, straight off the boat.
- Angasi Restaurant, Binnalong Bay – Fine food and wine overlooking Bay of Fires.
- Pub in the paddock – Very clean pub accommodation and food
- Reliquaire – Not a restaurant, wackiest shop in Tassie, science, dolls, bric-a-brac.
- Frankin Manor – Good food, nice accommodation too.
- Risby Cove – Fantastic seafood, great location.
- Derwent Bridge Hotel – Food is simple and unfortunatly not too cheap, but they usually have a big open fire, important to cold riders who have just ridden up from Queenstown.
- Hungry Wombat Cafe has reasonable priced food, but they close early.
- Tarraleah Lodge – Very expensive accommodation, fine food, great for lunch.
Westerway (Near National Park)
- The Possum Shed riverside cafe has good coffee, and lovely outdoor seating overlooking a fast flowing river.